The Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) is accepting proposals to support the Consortium of Cybersecurity Clinics and the development of tools, resources, curriculum, and/or research that would benefit university cyber clinics.
This contest is for cybersecurity clinics and supporting organizations that engage with the Consortium of Cybersecurity Clinics to submit proposals that we could award in 2023. Anyone participating in the Consortium is eligible to submit a project idea, regardless whether you have an existing clinic, are planning a new clinic, or simply have a great idea for advancing cybersecurity clinical education.
You are the best source of ideas. What materials do you wish you had to advance your clinic and replicate clinics? Project ideas could include but are not limited to:
- Research (e.g. white papers or short studies – for example a review of how states have spent the municipal cybersecurity improvement funds they received from the federal government under the infrastructure bill. Or a case study on career outcomes of clinic alumni from Consortium schools)
- Clinic Operational resources (e.g., survey of clinic data protection policies; )
- Teaching materials (e.g., case studies, modules on specific emerging topics)
- Frameworks customized for under-resourced clinic clients (e.g. crisis communications framework)
Proposals will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary committee and judged for merit, relevance, and potential impact. The proposal body should include standard elements that describe and justify the research, including: project description, project goals and timeline, information on key personnel, description of how the award funds will benefit the project, and potential impact. Proposals may seek up to $50,000 in award funding. Up to 5 proposals will be awarded funding.
Timeline and Logistics:
- Deadline to submit project ideas to this form: 11/02/2022
- Proposals are reviewed by a committee at CLTC
- Awards are announced in the Cybersecurity Clinics Consortium Meeting in January 2023
- Awards are administered in March 2023