Founder and Managing Partner, ClearSight Technology Partners LLC
Americas Security Strategy and Go To Market Lead, Amazon Web Services
Prior to his role with AWS, Rudy Bakalov served at Booz Allen as Vice President of Cybersecurity Strategy, Risk, and Transformation, following his role as Managing Director in PwC’s Cybersecurity & Privacy practices. His most recent work focuses on cloud transformation strategies, including security strategy and GRC, architecture, and operating model design.
Some of Rudy’s professional roles and assignments include the following:
- Designed a strategy and security capabilities to enable the provider’s customers to satisfy Financial Services and data privacy laws and regulations in the top 10 global markets for one of the world’s largest SaaS providers [ClearSight Technology Partners].
- Chief Security Officer of Accenture Cloud Platform, a $2B business.
- Interim Chief Security Officer [NTT] of one of the largest hedge funds.
- CISO of a top global law firm [PRoskauer Rose LLP], responsible for designing and establishing an information security organization focused on protecting clients’ sensitive information, M&A deal details, and other confidential information along with ensuring the resiliency of IT operations.
- Global Head of Technology Assurance of a major online publisher [RELX Group], provided independent and objective assurances to the Board and group executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s technology controls, including information security, privacy, disaster recovery, regulatory compliance, and investment spend.
Rudy is CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA certified and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Technical University of Sofia and a Master’s of Business Administration from Wake Forest University. He is also a Director Member of the National Association of Corporate Directors.