This reporting template was developed at the Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity and EM Strasbourg Business School to supply security executives, investors and companies with an instrument for monitoring, disclosing, and evaluating risks and opportunities related to cybersecurity. This template is designed to be applied across industries, internationally following IFRS principles. However, local requirements may apply.
Please note: The template is still in a draft status and subject to further validation. As the study is still under investigation, additional positions or alterations may occur as new version will be published.
For providing input or feedback on the template please use the following link to our study:
The spreadsheet includes a core set of three financial statements each presented in one tab. Three use cases shall assist companies to use the financial statements according to their needs for reporting cybersecurity incidents, optimise investment, and/or decide on cybersecurity disclosure. A fourth tab (“Definitions”) suggests how the positions in the statements can be developed or what they may include. Prompts were chosen through a consensus-building process that used a Delphi technique to guide experts to identify a set of critical disclosures.
The template is built to meet the following objectives:
- Report companies’ risks and opportunities related to data governance, and cybersecurity to investors and other stakeholders.
- Calibrate investments into operations and disclosures in line with concerns about financial materiality, and equity found in stakeholder perspectives.
- Showcase responsible digital technology through disclosure of information in monetary terms using a value-based approach.
- Provide information about data governance, cybersecurity, and AI risks and opportunities relevant to financial materiality, human rights, and equity.
- Boost consistent reporting for companies involved in the mobile health market for comparability across firms.
- Propel disclosure of information that can lead to more effective dialogue and engagement between companies and investors.
Note: The information contained in this spreadsheet is informational only and not intended to be advice for investment, legal, tax, or other purposes. Its intended purpose is to be auxiliary, not a determinant for decision-making.
We encourage companies to seek legal advice if they have questions or concerns about disclosing information through this template.
For questions or comments beyond the before mentioned study please contact Dr. Laura Georg-Schaffner: Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org